Vettore, Luciana (2008) Prospezioni geofisiche ad alta risoluzione: applicazioni archeologiche ed esportabilitĂ in contesti ambientali. [Ph.D. thesis]
Full text disponibile come:
Statistiche DownloadSimple MetadataFull MetadataEndNote Format
In the present work we experienced different aspects of the application of high resolution geophysical methods in archaeology and their application to other fields, as for example the applied geology.
We examined many cases, for every single case we tried to reach the best configuration in order to meet the starting demands; the aim of the works we carried over is to reach as much experience as possible, both in terms of instruments and of studied cases and to determine limits and what each technique can potentially bring to different contexts.
To apply geophysical methods to archaeology it is necessary to use versatile devices which can operate in very different environments, on grounds and structures made of various materials. For this kind of researches instruments which can investigate from a depth of few centimeters to a depth of several meters and which give detailed results are to be used. We can therefore easily understand that the final results can not come from a single technique, but to the integration of different methods, which can complete each other and give more detailed result, richer in information.
Every single case sets the researchers limits and characteristics which come from the environmental conditions, the ground and the structures. All these aspects do not allow to determine in advance the device or the combination of devices to be used; that is why the experience of the researcher is of great importance in the analysis of the problem as it can lead him to choose the best approach to the research.
The first part of the present work is an overview of the most used geophysical methods, briefly reporting also their theoretical basis and then a deepening of some techniques of analysis and representation of the geophysical data.
The successive chapters are dedicated to the presentation of some archaeological cases:
- Case 1: Loron archaeological area, Croatia, different measurements with georadar and magnetometry have been carried over in different configurations.
- Case 2: "Terme Neroniane"Âť archaeological area, Montegrotto Terme (PD), in this site many measurements with different georadar, geoelectrical, magnetometrical and electromagnetometrical measurements have been carried over.
This site, which has been deeply investigated, it has also been considered as test site and the results of the investigations were for some aspects surprising
- Case 3: Grumentum (PZ) and Montearatro (FG) archaeological areas, measurement with magnetometrical and georadar configurations have been carried over, in cooperation with other research institutes.
After the archaeological cases, in cooperation with other research institutes, we turned our interest to the possible applications of geophysics to applied geology, in particular to the prevention and protection of the artistic, cultural as well as environmental heritage.
In spite of the little time, we examined three aspects, i.e.:
- Case 1: Stability of river embankments, under the co-ordination of Professor Genevois, regular teacher of Applied Geology at University of Padova and of Professors Todini and Ghirotti from the University of Bologna. Measurement with different georadar systems and measurements of electrical tomography.
- Case 2: Analysis of aquiferous with integrated geophysical methods - European project LIFE-CAMI - carried over during the period of studies at OGS in Trieste. Measurements with geolectrical, 3D seismic, georadar and microgravimetry.
- Case 3: Employment of georadar measurements to sinkholes , in cooperation with Professor Cremonini from University of Bologna.
The results of all analysis are presented and commented inside each chapter; in the last chapter each work is briefly explained and put then in a wider context, that is the applicability and the importance of geophysics in such fields.
Indirect analysis, which became over the last few years more reliable thank to their joined use, are an important instrument of protection, research and revaluation of the historical, environmental and cultural heritage of our country. This kind of analysis also have a very important role of civil protection in monitoring the river embankments, sinkholes phenomenon and many other aspects.
BibliografiaI riferimenti della bibliografia possono essere cercati con Cerca la citazione di AIRE, copiando il titolo dell'articolo (o del libro) e la rivista (se presente) nei campi appositi di "Cerca la Citazione di AIRE".
Le url contenute in alcuni riferimenti sono raggiungibili cliccando sul link alla fine della citazione (Vai!) e tramite Google (Ricerca con Google). Il risultato dipende dalla formattazione della citazione.
Solo per lo Staff dell Archivio: Modifica questo record